David Frank earns honor at American Sociological Association annual meeting
- August 30, 2011
- Study on criminal sex regulation recognized as best scholarly article in global and transnational sociology
David John Frank, sociology professor and department chair, has received the Best Scholarly Article Award from the American Sociological Association’s section on Global and Transnational Sociology for his paper, “Worldwide Trends in the Criminal Regulation of Sex, 1945 to 2005.” Co-authored with Bayliss J. Camp and Steven A. Boutcher (sociology alumnus), the study appeared in the December 2010 issue of the American Sociological Review.
Frank received his award at the association’s annual meeting in Las Vegas in August.
Related News Items
- UCI-led study finds social cohesion to be key risk factor in early COVID infections
- How f$^*#d up is fatphobia? with Professor Sabrina Strings
- Fourteen from social sciences honored with Chancellor's Award of Distinction
- Usman named inaugural SF Fed grad student essay contest winner
- How to get your degree, from 3 undocumented students