Obama halts deportations...300,000 to get amnesty
- August 19, 2011
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science associate professor, is quoted in the Tucson Citizen and Alexandria Town Talk August 19, 2011
From the Tucson Citizen:
Louis DeSipio, a political science professor at University of California, Irvine, said Obama appears to be trying to strike a middle ground heading into the 2012 election to appease both Latinos and immigration-enforcement supporters. He doubts either side will be satisfied. Enforcement supporters will view the new policy as softening on illegal immigration, while Latinos and immigrant advocates will remain disillusioned with Obama for failing to get immigration reform passed, he said.
For the full story, please visit http://tucsoncitizen.com/view-from-baja-arizona/2011/08/19/obama-halts-d....
Related News Items
- Graduate student Niels Dickson to present at BUCLD 46
- Jenks recognized for outstanding undergraduate teaching
- Sarnecka appointed as social sciences associate dean of graduate studies and research
- Casavantes Bradford and Jenks appointed to lead school's Office of Faculty Development and Diversity
- Four UCI social scientists named Chancellor's Professors