Obama halts deportations...300,000 to get amnesty
- August 19, 2011
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science associate professor, is quoted in the Tucson Citizen and Alexandria Town Talk August 19, 2011
From the Tucson Citizen:
Louis DeSipio, a political science professor at University of California, Irvine, said Obama appears to be trying to strike a middle ground heading into the 2012 election to appease both Latinos and immigration-enforcement supporters. He doubts either side will be satisfied. Enforcement supporters will view the new policy as softening on illegal immigration, while Latinos and immigrant advocates will remain disillusioned with Obama for failing to get immigration reform passed, he said.
For the full story, please visit http://tucsoncitizen.com/view-from-baja-arizona/2011/08/19/obama-halts-d....
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities