Jerry Brown and Latinos
- July 26, 2011
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science associate professor, is interviewed on KQED Radio July 26, 2011
Governor Jerry Brown signed the first part of the Dream Act yesterday, which would give undocumented college students at California universities access to privately funded financial aid. The decision follows Brown's June veto of legislation that would have made it easier for farm workers to unionize. We look at Governor Brown's political relationship with the Latino community in California. Host: Scott Shafer. Guests: Louis DeSipio, associate professor of political science and chair of Chicano/Latino Studies at University of California, Irvine; Luis Alejo, assembly member for 28th District.
To listen to the interview, visit http://www.kqed.org/a/forum/R201107260931.
Related News Items
- Usman receives grant to study recidivism program in Pakistan
- Oil prices hang in the balance ahead of Iran nuclear talks, but experts don't expect a breakthrough
- The distinctiveness of disease explanation
- What is a merchant account?
- Research and commentary: New Hampshire Senate rejects minimum wage hike proposal