Hammond professor honored in Austria
- July 15, 2011
- J. Karel Lambert, logic & philosophy of science professor emeritus, is featured in the Daily Astorian July 12, 2011
From the Daily Astorian:
The University of Salzburg in Austria organized a symposium in honor of Professor Karel Lambert of Hammond Lambert is professor emeritus of logic and philosophy of science at the University of California, Irvine. A philosophical logician, his research work and distinctions are listed in dictionaries of logic. In 1984, the University of Salzburg awarded him an honorary professorship, a position giving him a lifetime right to give lectures at the University of Salzburg. It was approved by the Austrian Minister of Science and Research, Heinz Fischer, now the president of the Republic of Austria.
For the full story, please visit http://www.dailyastorian.com/news/northwest/hammond-professor-honored-in...
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities