Hammond professor honored in Austria
- July 15, 2011
- J. Karel Lambert, logic & philosophy of science professor emeritus, is featured in the Daily Astorian July 12, 2011
From the Daily Astorian:
The University of Salzburg in Austria organized a symposium in honor of Professor Karel Lambert of Hammond Lambert is professor emeritus of logic and philosophy of science at the University of California, Irvine. A philosophical logician, his research work and distinctions are listed in dictionaries of logic. In 1984, the University of Salzburg awarded him an honorary professorship, a position giving him a lifetime right to give lectures at the University of Salzburg. It was approved by the Austrian Minister of Science and Research, Heinz Fischer, now the president of the Republic of Austria.
For the full story, please visit http://www.dailyastorian.com/news/northwest/hammond-professor-honored-in...
Related News Items
- Fourteen from social sciences honored with Chancellor's Award of Distinction
- Usman named inaugural SF Fed grad student essay contest winner
- Virtual cultures in pandemic times
- Sports bra ad showing bare breasts banned in UK, stirring sex positivity debate
- Outstanding teaching award recipients in social sciences