Jobless rate rise cause for angst
- July 11, 2011
- Research by David Neumark, economics professor, is quoted in the Keene Sentinel, Arizona Daily Sun, and Guelph Mercury July 9, 2011
From the Keene Sentinel:
While attention is usually focused on the problems of the unemployed and the accompanying rise in the cost of government safety-net programs, the continuing high level of joblessness also means that working Americans must shoulder the full burden of pulling the economy forward.... David Neumark, a labor expert at the University of California, Irvine, added another concern for the currently employed: Given the constant flow of people moving in and out of employment, he said, "the higher the unemployment rate, the higher the probability that an employed person becomes unemployed."
For the full story, please visit http://www.sentinelsource.com/news/national_world/jobless-rate-rise-caus....
Related News Items
- Usman receives grant to study recidivism program in Pakistan
- Oil prices hang in the balance ahead of Iran nuclear talks, but experts don't expect a breakthrough
- The distinctiveness of disease explanation
- What is a merchant account?
- Research and commentary: New Hampshire Senate rejects minimum wage hike proposal