- July 7, 2011
- Social sciences undergraduate and graduate students celebrate degree accomplishments with flair
Lavish Hawaiian leis, creatively hand-crafted caps and zealous “zot, zot, zot”s have become part of the UCI graduation tradition, and this year’s social sciences celebrations did not disappoint. In two ceremonies on June 12, the School of Social Sciences conferred 2,389 undergraduate degrees and 59 master’s degrees - 14 of which went to students completing the Demographic and Social Analysis (DASA) program while the remaining 45 were awarded to students in pursuit of doctorates in various social sciences disciplines. Doctoral students were honored the week prior at a June 4 ceremony during which 42 students received Ph.D.s. Keeping with tradition, the school also hosted its annual Order of Merit and Scholars of Distinction ceremonies to honor the very top students in social sciences. Click below for links to pictures and award recipients.
- Order of Merit Photos and Award Recipients
- Scholars of Distinction Photos and Award Recipients
- UCI Graduate Commencement Ceremony Photos
- Social Sciences Undergraduate and Master’s Commencement Ceremony Photos
Congratulations, class of 2011, on all of your accomplishments! We’re proud to call
you part of our more than 33,000 strong social sciences anteater alumni community!