Political science undergrads receive prestigious campus awards
- June 30, 2011
- Abolian and Aragon are the 2011 Aldrich and Aeberhard award winners
Dalar Abolian and Ivette Aragon, political science undergraduates, have been named recipients of two of UCI’s top undergraduate scholarships.
Abolian (pictured), now a senior at UCI, is the 2011 Dan and Jean Aldrich award winner, named in honor of UCI’s founding chancellor.
Aragon, a freshman going into her sophomore year, is the recipient of the 2011 Nicholas Aeberhard Award, an honor which recognizes the top freshman at UCI and which Abolian was awarded in 2009.
Both awards carry a $1,500 prize.
Related News Items
- How to avoid ageism when recruiting new talent
- UCI researchers find keys to memory consolidation in deep sleep
- Why the church shooting was a wake-up call for younger Taiwanese Americans to reflect on their history
- "Global Burning; Rising Antidemocracy and the Climate Crisis" AND "Collective Rage"
- Edwin Amenta and Neal Caren, "Rough Draft of History: A Century of US Social Movements in the News" (Princeton UP, 2022)