Political science undergrads receive prestigious campus awards
- June 30, 2011
- Abolian and Aragon are the 2011 Aldrich and Aeberhard award winners
Dalar Abolian and Ivette Aragon, political science undergraduates, have been named recipients of two of UCI’s top undergraduate scholarships.
Abolian (pictured), now a senior at UCI, is the 2011 Dan and Jean Aldrich award winner, named in honor of UCI’s founding chancellor.
Aragon, a freshman going into her sophomore year, is the recipient of the 2011 Nicholas Aeberhard Award, an honor which recognizes the top freshman at UCI and which Abolian was awarded in 2009.
Both awards carry a $1,500 prize.
Related News Items
- On the podcast: Dr. Sara Mednick, Tracy Clark-Flory, and Dr. Will Cole
- Commentary: COVID-19 reveals need to increase diversity among California physicians
- The history of attacks against Asian Americans is complicated. Addressing it will be, too
- Artist discusses his digital and 3-D take on Orange County landscape
- Police accountability