Former Tijuana major suspected of illegal firearms possession
- June 9, 2011
- Nathan Jones, political science graduate student, is featured in a KPBS report June 7, 2011
Former Tijuana Mayor Jorge Hank Rhon is being detained by the Mexican military as they investigate him on suspicion of illegal firearms possession and organized crime ties. We discuss the latest details of Rhon's detainment with San Diego Union-Tribune reporter Sandra Dibble, and a graduate student from UC Irvine who is studying security issues in Tijuana. Guests: Sandra Dibble, a staff writer for the San Diego Union-Tribune. Sandra has been covering news in Baja California for many years. Nathan Jones, graduate student from UC Irvine who is studying security issues in Tijuana. You can follow his work on insightcrime.org.
To listen to the report, visit http://www.kpbs.org/news/2011/jun/07/former-tijuana-mayor-suspected-ille....
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities