Sociology lecturer Sam Gilmore is UROP's May Faculty Mentor of the Month
- May 13, 2011
- Honor recognizes Gilmore for his more than 20 years of undergraduate research mentorship
Samuel Gilmore, sociology lecturer, has been named the UCI Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program’s May 2011 Faculty Mentor of the Month. A lecturer in the sociology department for more than 20 years, Gilmore has mentored numerous undergrads who have gone on to elite graduate programs, law schools and business programs. In addition to his work with the sociology honors program, Gilmore sits on the department’s undergraduate committee, has served several terms on the Institutional Research Board, and is a member of UROP Faculty Advisory Board. He has received several teaching awards, and in 2005 was recognized with the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Fostering Undergraduate Research. Click here for a Q&A with Gilmore.
Related News Items
- Usman receives grant to study recidivism program in Pakistan
- Oil prices hang in the balance ahead of Iran nuclear talks, but experts don't expect a breakthrough
- The distinctiveness of disease explanation
- What is a merchant account?
- Research and commentary: New Hampshire Senate rejects minimum wage hike proposal