Obama heads to Texas to push immigration overhaul
- May 11, 2011
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies department chair and political science associate professor, is quoted in the AZ Central and Tucson Citizen May 10, 2011
From AZ Central:
Obama will take a step toward winning back support from Latino voters such as [Andres] Hernandez with a speech announcing that he is renewing his push for immigration reform, including a path to citizenship for the nearly 11 million undocumented immigrants in the United States.... The sudden push for immigration reform is tied to Obama's re-election in 2012, said Louis DeSipio, a political science professor at the University of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/05/10/20110510obama-el-paso-....
Related News Items
- Usman receives grant to study recidivism program in Pakistan
- Oil prices hang in the balance ahead of Iran nuclear talks, but experts don't expect a breakthrough
- The distinctiveness of disease explanation
- What is a merchant account?
- Research and commentary: New Hampshire Senate rejects minimum wage hike proposal