Noted Israeli scholar joins the faculty at UCI for 2010-11
- April 12, 2011
- Menachem Hofnung, Herbert Samuels Chair of Political Science at Hebrew University of Jerusalem and UCI Schusterman Visiting Israeli Professor (political science), is featured in the Rose Report March 15, 2011
From the Rose Report:
Israel education also takes place in the classroom. In early 2010, the Rose Project was asked to assist in bringing a full-time Israeli professor to UCI. This brings a unique and first-hand perspective to the students and faculty of UCI, as well as the members of the greater Orange County Jewish community. Professor Menachem Hofnung, an expert in political science, is the 2010-2011 Schusterman Visiting Israeli Professor at the University of California, Irvine. His appointment at UCI is part of the Israel Scholar Development Program that is coordinated by the American-Israeli Cooperative Enterprise (AICE) and funded by grants from The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation and the Rose Project of Jewish Federation & Family services Orange County.
For the full story, please visit http://issuu.com/JewishOC/docs/rose_report_winter2011/13.
Related News Items
- What's next: The ongoing urban exodus
- Comparing economic conditions across crises, time
- FBI just proved Bitcoin's much-touted anonymity is illusory, says financial expert -- and no, El Salvador didn't actually make Bitcoin any more useful
- 'A sacrifice for a generation': China scrambles to boost its population with 3-child policy
- Fourteen from social sciences honored with Chancellor's Award of Distinction