Why Sarah Palin is smarter than Harvard
- April 5, 2011
- Gary Richardson, economics professor, is featured in Madison and two additional publications April 5, 2011
It would be safe to say that most Republicans think that it is morally wrong to take wealth from the rich and redistribute it to the poor. It's also a safe bet that most Democrats think that Sarah Palin is rather stupid. A recent study by economist Gary Richardson of the University of California, Irvine should cause partisans in both camps to change their assumptions. Professor Richardson found that Alaska gets $1.64 back for every dollar it sends to Washington. It appears that Sarah and her fellow Alaskans are laughing all the way to the bank.
For the full story, please visit http://host.madison.com/news/opinion/column/article_46b6e1d6-5ed7-11e0-8...
Also ran in:
Related News Items
- How to avoid ageism when recruiting new talent
- UCI researchers find keys to memory consolidation in deep sleep
- Why the church shooting was a wake-up call for younger Taiwanese Americans to reflect on their history
- "Global Burning; Rising Antidemocracy and the Climate Crisis" AND "Collective Rage"
- Edwin Amenta and Neal Caren, "Rough Draft of History: A Century of US Social Movements in the News" (Princeton UP, 2022)