Why Sarah Palin is smarter than Harvard
- April 5, 2011
- Gary Richardson, economics professor, is featured in Madison and two additional publications April 5, 2011
It would be safe to say that most Republicans think that it is morally wrong to take wealth from the rich and redistribute it to the poor. It's also a safe bet that most Democrats think that Sarah Palin is rather stupid. A recent study by economist Gary Richardson of the University of California, Irvine should cause partisans in both camps to change their assumptions. Professor Richardson found that Alaska gets $1.64 back for every dollar it sends to Washington. It appears that Sarah and her fellow Alaskans are laughing all the way to the bank.
For the full story, please visit http://host.madison.com/news/opinion/column/article_46b6e1d6-5ed7-11e0-8...
Also ran in:
Related News Items
- What's next: The ongoing urban exodus
- Comparing economic conditions across crises, time
- FBI just proved Bitcoin's much-touted anonymity is illusory, says financial expert -- and no, El Salvador didn't actually make Bitcoin any more useful
- 'A sacrifice for a generation': China scrambles to boost its population with 3-child policy
- Fourteen from social sciences honored with Chancellor's Award of Distinction