80 percent of mosques have radical imams? Does it matter?
- April 4, 2011
- Karen Leonard, anthropology professor, is quoted in Gather March 31, 2011
In a reference given by "Media Matters," a professor of Anthropology at the University of California, Irvine, Karen Leonard, author of the book, "Muslims in the United States: The State of Research," calls the Kabbani claim "Nonsense." She adds "I know of no extremist mosque in southern California". She may not, but like all the other researchers of mosques, unless she went to over a hundred mosques, went there as a Muslim who mosque leaders were friendly with, she would not be likely to get a true picture of those mosques, and what jihadist preaching and literature would be there when the leaders felt they were talking only to Muslims.
For the full story, please visit http://progresspolitics.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=28147497....
Related News Items
- Welcome back, Anteaters!
- Experts, Anaheim community leaders weigh in on $150 Million Angel Stadium sale
- UCI is No. 1 in Sierra magazine's 2020 'Cool Schools' ranking of sustainability leaders
- Brain stimulation may enhance team performance
- Voice of OC hosting Live Angel Stadium sale discussion with politicians, experts and journalists