On to nationals
- March 23, 2011
- UCI’s Mock Trial performance lands team a fourth consecutive national bid
For the fourth consecutive season, UC Irvine’s Mock Trial team has qualified for the National Championship Tournament in Des Moines, Iowa.
At the weekend’s Opening Round Championship Series held in Irvine March 19-20, UCI came out on top, beating out UCLA’s varsity team in the final round for the top national bid.
Participants Andy Tran (sophomore, business economics) and Neil Thakore (senior, political science) received Outstanding Attorney awards, and Ana Dixit (senior, political science) received an Outstanding Witness award for her performance.
The team, coached by attorney Justin Bernstein, will head to the Midwest April 15-17 where they will be among the top 48 teams competing for the Mock Trial national title.
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities