Pay in the public sector: Sun, salaries and public servants
- March 4, 2011
- A study by UCI economists Jan Brueckner and David Neumark is featured in The Economist March 3, 2011
From The Economist:
Governments in the rich world are taking the knife to the budgets, pay and pensions of state employees. But where to cut? A study by Jan Brueckner and David Neumark of the University of California, Irvine, finds that within America there may be more flab in public-sector pay packets in states like coastal California than wintry Wisconsin.
For the full story, please visit http://www.economist.com/node/18285587?story_id=18285587&fsrc=rss.
Related News Items
- New outreach, new law could boost health care for homeless people
- Berna Idriz wants to save the planet - and she's got a pretty good start
- Kopstein receives U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum Ina Levine Invitational Fellowship
- An inside look at Disneyland's new Tenaya Stone Spa
- These unheralded workers are helping prevent the next wildfire