Pay in the public sector: Sun, salaries and public servants
- March 4, 2011
- A study by UCI economists Jan Brueckner and David Neumark is featured in The Economist March 3, 2011
From The Economist:
Governments in the rich world are taking the knife to the budgets, pay and pensions of state employees. But where to cut? A study by Jan Brueckner and David Neumark of the University of California, Irvine, finds that within America there may be more flab in public-sector pay packets in states like coastal California than wintry Wisconsin.
For the full story, please visit http://www.economist.com/node/18285587?story_id=18285587&fsrc=rss.
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities