FAA reauthorization bill would affect some airline operations
- February 28, 2011
- Jan Brueckner, economics professor and chair, is quoted in the Los Angeles Times February 28, 2011
From the LA Times:
After 28 consecutive months of declining employment, the U.S. airline industry is back in hiring mode again, a sign that airlines are ready to add routes and flights. The airline industry reported a 0.2 percent increase in employment in December, the first rise since August 2008, according to the latest data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. "I think the airlines are moving up with the general economy," said Jan Brueckner, an economics professor at UC Irvine and expert on the airline industry.
For the full story, please visit http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-0228-travel-briefcase-20110228,0,1....
Related News Items
- Usman receives grant to study recidivism program in Pakistan
- Oil prices hang in the balance ahead of Iran nuclear talks, but experts don't expect a breakthrough
- The distinctiveness of disease explanation
- What is a merchant account?
- Research and commentary: New Hampshire Senate rejects minimum wage hike proposal