FAA reauthorization bill would affect some airline operations
- February 28, 2011
- Jan Brueckner, economics professor and chair, is quoted in the Los Angeles Times February 28, 2011
From the LA Times:
After 28 consecutive months of declining employment, the U.S. airline industry is back in hiring mode again, a sign that airlines are ready to add routes and flights. The airline industry reported a 0.2 percent increase in employment in December, the first rise since August 2008, according to the latest data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. "I think the airlines are moving up with the general economy," said Jan Brueckner, an economics professor at UC Irvine and expert on the airline industry.
For the full story, please visit http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-0228-travel-briefcase-20110228,0,1....
Related News Items
- Graduate student Niels Dickson to present at BUCLD 46
- Rents are rising again, making it hard to find an apartment
- U.S. acts decisively to protect Asian Americans - but drags its feet on protecting Black Americans
- Jenks recognized for outstanding undergraduate teaching
- Sarnecka appointed as social sciences associate dean of graduate studies and research