Mobile Banking in Africa to Hit U.S.$22 Billion By 2015
- February 22, 2011
Mobile banking is expected to grow into a $22 billion industry across Africa by 2015 on the back of skyrocketing cellphone use and growing demand for financial services, according to consultancy Juniper Research.
But the competition for that market could prove messy in the coming years, pitting a fragmented field of network operators against each other, and all of them against a new breed of mobile banking company that seeks to be network agnostic, which means customers are not tied to one phone network.
To read the full story, click here: Mobile Money Africa
Related News Items
- What's next: The ongoing urban exodus
- Comparing economic conditions across crises, time
- FBI just proved Bitcoin's much-touted anonymity is illusory, says financial expert -- and no, El Salvador didn't actually make Bitcoin any more useful
- 'A sacrifice for a generation': China scrambles to boost its population with 3-child policy
- Fourteen from social sciences honored with Chancellor's Award of Distinction