Inclusive Growth Through Mobile Banking
- February 11, 2011
A key theme at this World Economic Forum is inclusive growth. What does that really mean, and why is it important? It means that when developing countries and emerging markets experience growth, the poor people in those countries should participate and benefit. For example, India has 300 million people who are participating in the strong growth that is underway. Their incomes are growing; their wealth is increasing; and the environment they live in is improving. But, the lives of the remaining 700 million people in India are basically unchanged. Inclusive growth means the 700 million will also experience the benefits of growth versus being left out.
Read more of this Huffington Post article HERE
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities