Follow the money: Mobile banking research in Afghanistan
- January 5, 2011
- Jan Chipchase, UCI IMTFI researcher, is featured on National Geographic January 4, 2011
From Nat Geo:
In this instalment of the Mobile Message series, Jan Chipchase, Executive Creative Director of Global Insights at Frog Design, discusses how mobile technology may be used for personal banking in Afghanistan, a country challenged by limited access to traditional banking infrastructure and widespread distrust of formal institutions.
For the full story, please visit http://blogs.nationalgeographic.com/blogs/news/chiefeditor/2011/01/mobil....
Related News Items
- Soc sci shoutout: Kyle Sanders, '23 business economics
- Soc sci shoutout: Orion Pettit, '23 psychology
- Soc sci shoutout: Morgan Dickinson, '23 psychology
- UCI study finds mortality in prisons increased 77% during pandemic
- Tobar's Our Migrant Souls named among The New York Times, TIME Magazine, Amazon and Audible best book lists in 2023