A lot of noise over the Expo Line (op-ed)
- January 3, 2011
- An op-ed by Karen Leonard, anthropology professor and acting department chair, is featured in the Los Angeles Times and Hartford Courant December 21, 2010
From the LA Times:
If you drive through Cheviot Hills and Rancho Park and see the orange-and-black signs peppering front lawns, you might get the impression that these neighborhoods solidly oppose the coming of the Expo light-rail line. "Kids and Trains Don't Mix," they shout, and "Don't Let the Train Block the Road." But the reality is quite different.
For the full story, please visit http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-leonard-rail-line-2....
Related News Items
- Graduate student Niels Dickson to present at BUCLD 46
- Jenks recognized for outstanding undergraduate teaching
- Sarnecka appointed as social sciences associate dean of graduate studies and research
- Casavantes Bradford and Jenks appointed to lead school's Office of Faculty Development and Diversity
- Four UCI social scientists named Chancellor's Professors