A lot of noise over the Expo Line (op-ed)
- January 3, 2011
- An op-ed by Karen Leonard, anthropology professor and acting department chair, is featured in the Los Angeles Times and Hartford Courant December 21, 2010
From the LA Times:
If you drive through Cheviot Hills and Rancho Park and see the orange-and-black signs peppering front lawns, you might get the impression that these neighborhoods solidly oppose the coming of the Expo light-rail line. "Kids and Trains Don't Mix," they shout, and "Don't Let the Train Block the Road." But the reality is quite different.
For the full story, please visit http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-leonard-rail-line-2....
Related News Items
- What's next: The future of cash
- Honoring efforts to advance diversity and equitable inclusion
- UCI Podcast: Professor Davin Phoenix on the political impact of the Black Lives Matter movement
- International students upended, unsure if they can continue U.S. studies amid new federal rules
- 2020 could be the new year of the woman ... for the GOP