Grass Roots: Don't defer the DREAM, academics urge
- December 15, 2010
- Armando Ibarra, political science graduate student, is featured in The Cap Times December 14, 2010
From The Cap Times:
It may be a long shot, but the possibility of an 11th hour vote on the Dream Act has academics from across the country signing on in support of a measure they say would give young people who've lived most of their lives in the United States - without immigration papers - a chance to make something of themselves.... Posted Monday, the statement now has 288 signatures, including that of Armando Ibarra, now at University of California, Irvine, and scheduled in January to join University of Wisconsin-Extension's School for Workers as an assistant professor.
For the full story, please visit http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/grassroots/article_88d9b9f6-0795-1...
Related News Items
- Welcome back, Anteaters!
- Experts, Anaheim community leaders weigh in on $150 Million Angel Stadium sale
- UCI is No. 1 in Sierra magazine's 2020 'Cool Schools' ranking of sustainability leaders
- Brain stimulation may enhance team performance
- Voice of OC hosting Live Angel Stadium sale discussion with politicians, experts and journalists