President Obama rallies Democrats in Los Angeles
- October 25, 2010
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies department chair and political science associate professor, is quoted in the San Francisco Chronicle October 23, 2010
From the Chronicle:
This week, former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown and top Democratic consultant Garry South criticized statewide Democratic candidates for having anemic ground operations, a claim that campaign and party officials denied. "While both parties talk up their ground operation, I haven't seen much evidence of it," said Louis DeSipio, a professor of political science at UC Irvine and expert on Latino voters. Among voters under 35 - traditionally a left-leaning group - 27 percent remain undecided in California's U.S. Senate race between Sen. Barbara Boxer, a Democrat, and Republican challenger Carly Fiorina, and 18 percent don't have a favorite in the governor's contest between Democrat Jerry Brown and Republican Meg Whitman, according to a Public Policy Institute of California poll released this week.
For the full story, please visit http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/10/22/MN2F1G0T59.D....
Related News Items
- Marodin and Spencer among 17 campus fellowship award winners
- Math could help set right the sizes of national legislatures
- The racist and problematic history of the body mass index
- Testimony before the Hawaii Senate Committee On Judiciary, Senate Committee on Ways and Means on minimum wage increases
- The Origins of Unfairness