Rising minimum wage, rising teen unemployment
- June 3, 2010
- David Neumark, economics professor, is featured in the Hudson Institute June 3, 2010
From the Hudson Institute:
David Neumark, professor of economics at the University of California, Irvine, and William Wascher, an economist at the Federal Reserve, have reviewed over 100 studies on the effects of the minimum wage on employment in a 2007 paper entitled "Minimum Wages and Employment." They conclude that "among the papers we view as providing the most credible evidence, almost all point to negative employment effects, both for the United States as well as for many other countries."
For the full story, please visit http://www.hudson.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=publication_details&id=7044.
Related News Items
- New outreach, new law could boost health care for homeless people
- Berna Idriz wants to save the planet - and she's got a pretty good start
- Kopstein receives U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum Ina Levine Invitational Fellowship
- An inside look at Disneyland's new Tenaya Stone Spa
- These unheralded workers are helping prevent the next wildfire