- April 21, 2010
- A study by Linda Cohen, economics professor, is featured by the Homeland Security Newswire April 21, 2010
From the Homeland Security Newswire:
Risks of laser-based uranium enrichment outweigh rewards, says University of California-Irvine economist Linda Cohen. Nuclear power has made its way into the debate over alternative energy as government and commercial interests consider carbon dioxide-free sources of electricity. Advances in laser-based uranium enrichment technology promise to make the fuel powering nuclear power plants less expensive. Still, a UC Irvine economist says, the risks associated with the new method far outweigh its potential rewards.
For the full story, please visit http://homelandsecuritynewswire.com/risks-laser-based-uranium-enrichment....
Related News Items
- D.C. is now enforcing its cashless business ban: What that could mean for you
- You can't even pay people to have more kids
- You deserve a great nap
- Khan named Social Sciences Alumni Academic Excellence Scholar
- LA Latinos took a big financial hit during the pandemic. Here's how some are trying to bounce back