- April 21, 2010
- A study by Linda Cohen, economics professor, is featured by the Homeland Security Newswire April 21, 2010
From the Homeland Security Newswire:
Risks of laser-based uranium enrichment outweigh rewards, says University of California-Irvine economist Linda Cohen. Nuclear power has made its way into the debate over alternative energy as government and commercial interests consider carbon dioxide-free sources of electricity. Advances in laser-based uranium enrichment technology promise to make the fuel powering nuclear power plants less expensive. Still, a UC Irvine economist says, the risks associated with the new method far outweigh its potential rewards.
For the full story, please visit http://homelandsecuritynewswire.com/risks-laser-based-uranium-enrichment....
Related News Items
- Marodin and Spencer among 17 campus fellowship award winners
- Math could help set right the sizes of national legislatures
- The racist and problematic history of the body mass index
- Testimony before the Hawaii Senate Committee On Judiciary, Senate Committee on Ways and Means on minimum wage increases
- The Origins of Unfairness