11 arrested during Israeli ambassador's talk
- February 9, 2010
- Mark Petracca, political science associate professor and department chair, is featured by the Associated Press February 9, 2010
From the AP:
Eleven students have been arrested during a raucous lecture at UC Irvine where Israeli Ambassador Michael Oren spoke about U.S.-Israel relations. Oren's speech to about 500 people was interrupted by shouting and protests multiple times Monday night. UC Irvine spokesman Tom Vasich says nine Irvine students and two students from UC Riverside were arrested for disturbing a public event. All were cited and released. The Orange County Register reports that at one point, Oren stopped, asked for hospitality and resumed his speech, but the shouts continued. Political science professor Mark Petracca says he was embarrassed by the outbursts.
For the full story, please visit http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-us-israeli-am....
Related News Items
- Symbols of white supremacy flew proudly at the Capitol riot - 5 essential reads
- Actually, men have a hard time getting hired in female-dominated roles, too
- A peek at our one year of COVID-19 issue | March 2021
- Changing immigration policies negatively impact undocumented students, new UC study says
- A Chinese couple paid $155,000 in fees to have 7 children in violation of the country's 2-child policy