Candidate flip roils Calif. governor, Senate races
- January 21, 2010
- Mark Petracca, political science associate professor and department chair, is quoted in the Washington Post January 15, 2010
From the Washington Post:
Whitman has held a substantial lead over Campbell and the other candidate in the Republican gubernatorial primary, state Insurance Commissioner Steve Poizner, another wealthy Silicon Valley entrepreneur. Campbell's exit gives her one less veteran politician to worry about, said Mark Petracca, chairman of the political science department at the University of California, Irvine.
"I don't know when Meg Whitman's birthday is, but this is probably the best birthday present she ever got," he said. He said Whitman might be able to start campaigning early against state Attorney General Jerry Brown, the former governor who is the lone entry in the Democratic field.
For the full story, please visit http://www.nj.com/newsflash/index.ssf?/base/politics-15/1263594658178060... (link to Post unavailable).
Related News Items
- Harding named a 2021 Faculty Innovation Fellow
- The Capitol siege shows how White Americans can express anger that Black Americans cannot
- What the outcry from Kumail Nanjiani's sculpted body tells us about racism, masculinity standards
- Why the flag of South Vietnam flew at US Capitol siege
- Opinion: White riot