Candidate flip roils Calif. governor, Senate races
- January 21, 2010
- Mark Petracca, political science associate professor and department chair, is quoted in the Washington Post January 15, 2010
From the Washington Post:
Whitman has held a substantial lead over Campbell and the other candidate in the Republican gubernatorial primary, state Insurance Commissioner Steve Poizner, another wealthy Silicon Valley entrepreneur. Campbell's exit gives her one less veteran politician to worry about, said Mark Petracca, chairman of the political science department at the University of California, Irvine.
"I don't know when Meg Whitman's birthday is, but this is probably the best birthday present she ever got," he said. He said Whitman might be able to start campaigning early against state Attorney General Jerry Brown, the former governor who is the lone entry in the Democratic field.
For the full story, please visit http://www.nj.com/newsflash/index.ssf?/base/politics-15/1263594658178060... (link to Post unavailable).
Related News Items
- Tobar's Our Migrant Souls named among The New York Times, TIME Magazine, Amazon and Audible best book lists in 2023
- U.S. diplomat Henry Kissinger dies aged 100
- The 10 best California books of 2023
- D.C. is now enforcing its cashless business ban: What that could mean for you
- You can't even pay people to have more kids