Digital Sources for Chinese Studies
The Long US-China Institute and Yale University's Council on East Asian Studies present
a series of three webinars for graduate students and other researchers in Chinese
history and Chinese studies, broadly defined. The first webinar will introduce scholars
to new open access databases for Chinese studies. The event is free and open to the
public. Register online at the link below.
• Jianye He, Librarian for Chinese Collections, UC Berkeley
• Kwok Leong Tang, Digital China Fellow of the Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies, Harvard University
• Ian Chapman, China Studies Reference and Instruction Specialist, University of Washington
• Amanda Shuman, post-doc researcher and database manager, Institute of Chinese Studies, University of Freiburg
• Karl Gerth, Hwei-Chih and Julia Hsiu Chair in Chinese Studies and Professor of History, UC San Diego
Moderated by Emily Baum (UC Irvine) and Denise Ho (Yale University)
This series is sponsored by the Long US-China Institute and the Council on East Asian Studies at Yale University, with support from Harvard University’s Fairbank Center, the Johns Hopkins University, Simon Fraser University History Department, the University of Chicago, the University of Washington, and York University.
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.