Consumers today essentially expect to be exploited by the entities that hold their data and private information. Your credit union can become a beacon in that darkness—a trusted partner and guardian of members’ financial health—or your technology strategies can lead to greater distrust of the financial services industry by tomorrow’s consumers.
Join us for an exploration of ideas and strategies to take advantage of our emerging highly-technological environment and put it to good use, before the technology takes advantage of your members.
- Trust is fostered through sound capability, credibility and capacity.
- If you work in operations or information technology, your role has an impact on your organization’s capability.
- If you work in marketing or communications, your role has an impact on your organization’s credibility.
- If you work in human resources or finance, your role has an impact on your organization’s capacity.
- As a leader of your organization, you must ensure you and these influencers have the knowledge needed to navigate this future.
- Filene Fellow Bill Maurer, professor and director of the Institute for Money, Technology and Financial Inclusion(IMTFI) at the University of California-Irvine, brings a line-up of academics and keynote speakers to make sure your credit union is capable, credible and ready to handle the capacity of fintech.
To register, view agenda, and see list of speakers: https://filene.org/events/technology-and-i3