6:30-7:30 p.m. - Opening Remarks and Panel Presentation,
Crystal Cove Auditorium, UCI Student Center
7:30-8:30 p.m. - Exhibit Viewing and Reception, Langson Library
Free and open to the public. Limited seating.
RSVP by May 20, 2016
Reservations and information:
UCI Student Center Parking Structure or Lot 2 (Pay by space)
UCI Libraries Exhibit Opening
Sponsored by the Partners of the UCI Libraries
Opening remarks by Chancellor Howard Gillman and
Thomas A. Parham, Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs 50th Anniversary Committee Chair
Followed by a panel discussion with UCI Stories participants:
- Elizabeth Toomey-Daughter of Founding Chancellor Aldrich/Retired Assistant Vice Chancellor, Community and Government Relations
- Joseph L. White-Professor Emeritus Psychology and Psychiatry
- Robert Cohen-Claire Trevor Professor of Drama, Emeritus/Founding Faculty
- Jenny Doh ‘91–UCI’s First Student Regent/Past President, UCI Alumni Association
- Moderated by: Krystal Tribbett, 50th Anniversary Project Historian
About UCI Stories: To commemorate UC Irvine’s 50th Anniversary, UCI Libraries launched a Historical Documentation Project. A major goal of this project was to identify, collect, preserve, and make available important historical records not yet part of the University Archives. In addition to digitizing hundreds of slides, photos, audio and video recordings, and publications, the project also included a unique oral history project called UCI Stories.
Inspired by StoryCorps, UCI Stories facilitated 50 discussion pairings of over 100 campus leaders, faculty, staff, alumni, and affiliates representing the diversity of UCI in the broadest sense. It is our hope that the dynamic hour-long conversations collected will provide the UCI campus and greater Irvine community with access to rich, first-hand perspectives on UCI’s bright past and brilliant future.