The Undergraduate Finance Association presents:
"Fall Kick-Off Meeting"
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
UCI Student Center, Moss Cove A
Hear from J'Mi Ponce, current UFA president; David Li, former UFA president and co-founder;
and Todd Richey, UFA faculty adviser about
the perks of going into the field of finance and how UFA could help you reach your financial career and personal goals!
The Undergraduate Finance Association is a professional student organization dedicated to providing students with the knowledge,resources, and opportunities that will allow them to excel in the field of finance. UFA is committed to creating both career and educational opportunities for its members through
- Providing a society for like-minded students who want to learn about the world of investments and finance
- Providing networking opportunities with the local investment management community, including mid-tier and bulge-bracket investment funds, financial advisors, banks, and investment banks
- Fostering closer relationships with UCI Economics Department, the Paul Merage Business School faculty and MBA students
- Creating the first-of-its-kind Student Managed Investment Fund at UCI, giving students hands-on experience in managing an investment fund with active collaboration with the faculty advisers and competing in investment competitions.
Membership for UFA is $10 per quarter. There are many reasons for you to become a member, to name a few include:
- Corporate, faculty, and peer guidance in pursuing a career in finance through our Professional Circle program
- Job opportunities at financial firms through UFA’s Internship/Employment Listing Service
- Membership exclusive events including workshops and recruitment events
And many more…
***UFA is recruiting Board Members for the '09-'10 Executive Board. Come to the meeting for more details.*