Award Amount: varies by year
- Papers written in collaboration with faculty members may not be submitted.
- Students may submit only one paper for consideration for this prize.
- Papers should be between 20 and 40 pages in length.
- Honor's theses may be submitted, but if they exceed the page limit must be shortened to adhere to the length requirement.
- The winning research paper will be posted and archived on the Departmental website, and the recipient of the prize will receive an award at the Department's Spring awards ceremony.
- For further information may be found online at http://www.anthropology.uci.edu/undergrad/honors.php#Malinowski.
- Students please submit your paper to Norma Miranda or Tami Hoksbergen, Social Science and Behavioral Sciences Gateway (SBSG) 3201 by May 5, 2016.
- Faculty may nominate student papers (only one paper per student); submit a copy of the paper with your nomination by May 5, 2016.
2015: Not Awarded
2014: Linh K. Le
2013: Not Awarded
2012: Not Awarded
2011: Farley Hamada, "Of Plight and Providence: Big Pharma and the Effects of Pharmaceutical Advertising on U.S. Patients with RLS, Insomnia, GERD, and GAD"(Faculty sponsor: Keith Murphy)
2010: Not Awarded
2009: Hadia Hakim, "Palestinian Identity-Formation in Yarmouk: Constructing National Identity Through the Development of Space" (Faculty sponsor, Victoria Bernal)
2008: Ana Siria Urzua, "Gentrification and Displacement: Assessing Responses in Santa Ana, California"(Faculty sponsor, Michael Montoya)
2007: Kevin Michael Smith and Raul Perez, "Research in Intentional Communities: Past and Present"(Faculty sponsor, Bill Maurer)
2006: Ashley T. Brenner, "Analysis of the Perception of the Paradigms of Archaeology and the Effect on the Discipline" (Faculty sponsor, Bill Maurer)