Black Lives Matter Research Scholarship
The School of Social Sciences is responding to anti-Blackness by offering a Black Lives Matter Research Scholarship. We are committed to facilitating a learning environment that promotes student opportunities to examine issues related to Black lives. This initiative will help undergraduate students leverage their research in advancing the understanding of Black experiences. All majors in the School of Social Sciences are invited to apply!
- Projects must be guided by a faculty
- A short proposal will be required
- Proposal must:
- have a clear objective
- address a need or social problem
- outline purpose and clear RQs
- explain the research design
- provide IRB application number (if available)
- A detailed budget and timeline must be included
- A student statement must also accompany the application
- The statement must outline the student’s leadership in addressing anti-Blackness
- A short letter by the faculty mentor must accompany the submission
Applications will be accepted online throughout the year until May 21st. Please submit only one proposal per project, regardless of the number of student researchers. Funding for each project will vary based on the funding requested and funds available.
- Be an enrolled student in an undergraduate major in the School of Social Sciences at UCI during the academic year.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA. Applicants (including incoming freshmen) must submit unofficial transcripts
with your application.
Award Amount: $100-500
Online Application: CLICK HERE
2021: Camile Edwards
2021: Michelle Wei