Award Amount: varies by year
- Papers from any anthropology class at UC Irvine may be submitted.
- Papers should be between 10 and 30 pages in length.
- Honor's theses may not be submitted.
- The paper need not report on original research, but must demonstrate analytical acuity, creativity, and dexterity with the conventions of anthropological writing.
- Further information may be found online at http://www.anthropology.uci.edu/undergrad/honors.php#Benedict.
- Students please submit your paper to Norma Miranda or Tami Hoksbergen, Social Science and Behavioral Sciences Gateway (SBSG) 3201 by May 5, 2016.
- Faculty may nominate student papers (one paper per student); please submit a copy of the paper with your nomination to Norma Miranda by May 5, 2016.
2015: Not Awarded
2014: Jazmin Martinez
2013: William Larsen and Mallory Bruno; Honorable Mention: Michelle Clement
2012: Not Awarded
2011: Elizabeth McDowell, "Birth Control, Out of Our Control" (Faculty Sponsor, Susan Greenhalgh)
2010: Ariana Keil, "Genital Anxieties and the Quest for the Perfect Vulva: A Feminist Analysis of Female Genital Cosmetic Surgery" (Faculty Sponsor, Susan Greenhalgh)
2009: Monica Murtaugh, "Constructing the Haitian Zombie: An Anthropological Study Beyond Madness" (Faculty sponsor, Angela Garcia)
2008: Not Awarded
2007: Katie Harrison, "The Image of the Disney Princess and the Impressions of Feminism" (Faculty sponsor, Susan Greenhalgh)
2006: Jeannine Stepanian, "Post-Exposure Prophylaxis Policies in the U.S." (Faculty sponsor, Tom Boellstorff)