'Baby dragons' to rescue China? Beijing is counting on 2024 to fix its population woes - Here's Why
- January 18, 2024
- Wang Feng, sociology, WION, Jan. 18, 2024
According to experts, China’s economic miseries are having a direct impact on the birthrate. “Having a child is a life-long responsibility. Economic pessimism is a strong counterforce for improving the birth rate this year, said Wang Feng, an expert on Chinese demographics at the University of California, Irvine. "It is also because of these miseries that Chinese women are increasingly resorting to not having children or not getting married at all," he further said.
For the full story, please visit https://www.wionews.com/world/baby-dragons-to-rescue-china-here-is-why-beijing-is-counting-on-2024-to-fix-its-population-woes-681243.
Related News Items
- China is facing a brutal reality as it desperately tries to fix its population decline problem
- China's population declines for the 2nd year in a row
- Newsletter: On our radar: 'Dragon babies'
- China's population decline accelerates as economy reaches low growth target
- China is pressing women to have more babies. Many are saying no.