Charis E. Kubrin has been named a Faculty Fellow of UCI’s Newkirk Center for Science and Society
- January 16, 2024
- Charis E. Kubrin, social ecology and CPIP faculty affiliate, UCI News – Social Ecology, January 16, 2024
Charis E. Kubrin, a Professor of Criminology, Law and Society and CPIP faculty affiliate, has been named a 2024 Faculty Fellow of UCI’s Newkirk Center for Science & Society. As one of 10 Newkirk Faculty Fellows, Prof. Kubrin will join the Center as a scholar in residence fulfilling the goals of the Newkirk Faculty Fellows Program: 1) provide a forum for cross-disciplinary interaction; 2) increase the visibility of UCI scholars and their activities within and outside the university; 3) build community around the strategic mission of the Newkirk Center. Dr. Kubrin is co-author or co-editor of 6 books and has published dozens of journal articles, many of which focus on the intersection of music, culture, and social identity, particularly as it applies to hip-hop and youth of color in disadvantaged communities.
Related News Items
- Kubrin impresses Little Hoover Commission with retail-theft presentation
- UC Irvine law, criminology experts release second edition of Rap on Trial: A Legal Guide
- Charis E. Kubrin has been named a Faculty Fellow of UCI's Newkirk Center for Science and Society
- California lawmakers want to stop 'alarming rise' in retail theft. How big is the problem?
- National Academies report identifies ways to reduce intergenerational poverty in US