Why do we still use paper checks?
- January 5, 2024
- Bill Maurer, anthropology, Marketplace, Jan. 5, 2024 (Podcast)
As you might expect, check use is higher among older people, while younger people have embraced solutions from tech providers like Apple and PayPal. …Bill Maurer, an anthropology professor at the University of California, Irvine, said there are also young people who still rely on checks. He said that millennials and Gen Zers are using or going back to using cash and checks because it can help prevent overspending compared to "frictionless" digital payments, which can require only a few taps.
For the full story, please visit https://www.marketplace.org/2024/01/05/why-do-we-still-use-paper-checks/.
Related News Items
- Best Mastercard credit cards
- UC Irvine welcomes the Year of the Dragon with performances, cultural activities
- What does it mean to be unbanked?
- D.C. is now enforcing its cashless business ban: What that could mean for you
- LA Latinos took a big financial hit during the pandemic. Here's how some are trying to bounce back