New poll shows former President Trump ahead of President Biden in key states
- November 6, 2023
- Tony Smith, poli sci, KNX News 97.1 FM, Nov. 6, 2023 (Audio)
KNX's Chief Correspondent Charles Feldman talks to UC Irvine political science and law professor Tony Smith about a New York Times/Siena College poll that shows former President Trump leading President Biden in five swing states. “The mistake I think a lot of the polling organizations are making right now is that they are assuming the Republican party has not changed in size from the last election but if you look at things like voter registration and turnout in the midterm elections and other indicators, the Republican party is smaller under Trump than it was before. So, I think these polls are all overstating the Republican share of the vote a good bit,” says Smith.
For the full story, please visit https://omny.fm/shows/knxam-on-demand/new-poll-shows-former-president-trump-ahead-of-pre.
Related News Items
- Sex Trafficking and Human Rights: The Status of Women and State Responses
- Who will Governor Newsom select to fill Senator Dianne Feinstein's seat?
- Former President Trump gains support vs. President Biden in new poll
- SoCal judge paved the way for Trump indictment, profs say
- Trump leads in polls, but there are 'cracks in foundation', expert says