She was arrested outside S.F.’s Mid-Market Whole Foods a week before it closed. Here’s what happened next.
- August 14, 2023
- Charis Kubrin, CPIP and criminology, law & society, San Francisco Chronicle, Aug. 14, 2023
Charis Kubrin, a criminology professor at UC Irvine, said she was “sympathetic” to the district attorney’s challenges but believes the impact of Prop. 47 on retail crime has been overstated. Kubrin co-authored a 2018 study of Prop. 47 that suggested the measure had no effect on robbery or other violent crime trends statewide in the years after it was passed, though larceny and motor vehicle thefts increased moderately.
For the full story, please visit https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/whole-foods-arrest-public-safety-18283760.php.
Related News Items
- National Academies report identifies ways to reduce intergenerational poverty in US
- Opinion: Decarceration and crime do not go hand in hand
- She was arrested outside S.F.'s Mid-Market Whole Foods a week before it closed. Here's what happened next.
- Researchers from eight UCs converge on Irvine campus for deep dive on demography
- 'You're obviously a target': Rappers rethink security protocols in wake of PnB Rock killing