Bernie Sanders introduces a bill to raise minimum wage to $17 by 2028
- August 2, 2023
- David Neumark, economics, Reason, Aug. 2, 2023
While some research has found that minimum wage increases do not cause job loss, most scholarship indicates a negative relationship. In a 2022 working paper for the National Bureau of Economic Research, economists David Neumark [Distinguished Professor] of the University of California Irvine and Peter Shirley, director of the Joint Committee on Government and Finance for the West Virginia Legislature, examined "the entire set of published studies in this literature" and find that "there is a clear preponderance of negative estimates in the literature."
For the full story, please visit https://reason.com/2023/08/02/bernie-sanders-introduces-a-bill-to-raise-minimum-wage-to-17-by-2028/.
Related News Items
- Subsidies won't stop stagnation
- In a hot job market, the minimum wage becomes an afterthought
- Researcher takes a look at the pro's and con's of raising the minimum wage
- Disney faces dramatic escalation in $150M+ gender discrimination & pay equity suit
- Disney owes female workers more than $150m in wages, pay gap suit alleges