KNX In Depth: July 4th holiday special edition – Is democracy in danger? How do we heal this political divide before it’s too late?
- July 3, 2023
- Tony Smith, poli sci, KNX News, July 3, 2023 (Audio)
We look into the growing political divide in the country and whether this polarization will rip us apart or if we can solve our disagreements and unite under the belief that our democracy does in fact work for everyone. UC Irvine political science and law professor Tony Smith joins KNX In Depth’s Rob Archer and Charles Feldman in-studio. “The parties used to disagree about very large issues: should women be allowed to vote? Should we have slavery? Should the world have the United States as a leader in thought or not? Now we argue over things like is To Kill a Mockingbird a bad book and should we take it out of libraries?” says Smith.
For the full story, please visit https://omny.fm/shows/knx-in-depth/knx-in-depth-july-4th-holiday-special-edition-is-d.
Related News Items
- Sex Trafficking and Human Rights: The Status of Women and State Responses
- New poll shows former President Trump ahead of President Biden in key states
- Who will Governor Newsom select to fill Senator Dianne Feinstein's seat?
- Former President Trump gains support vs. President Biden in new poll
- SoCal judge paved the way for Trump indictment, profs say