Essential California Newsletter – L.A. Stories
- June 28, 2023
- Héctor Tobar, Chicano/Latino studies and literary journalism, Los Angeles Times, June 28, 2023
Héctor Tobar on “Our Migrant Souls: A Meditation on Race and the Meanings and Myths of ‘Latino’”. The former, longtime Times reporter/columnist/critic and current UC Irvine professor talks about his career and new book in the excellent podcast, “Writing Latinos.” Public Books.
For the full story, please visit https://www.latimes.com/california/newsletter/2023-06-28/manuel-m-moreno-animator-cartoonist-essential-california.
Related News Items
- Shrinking California still dreams, but more modestly
- Our Migrant Souls: A Meditation on Race and the Meanings and Myths of "Latino"
- What's a Latino? Héctor Tobar goes deep on stereotypes and solidarity
- Essential California Newsletter - L.A. Stories
- Who or what is 'Latino'? Héctor Tobar considers a term's many meanings