Chris Christie, Mike Pence, and Doug Burgum are all about to enter the GOP primary — and that's excellent news for Donald Trump
- June 5, 2023
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, Business Insider, Yahoo Entertainment, June 5, 2023
As [UCI political science Professor] Michael Tesler in FiveThirtyEight points out, Trump now commands a majority of "very conservative" primary voters, despite losing those voters in 2016. "Trump has not only reshaped the Republican Party in his own image; he has also redefined what it means to be a conservative," writes Tesler.
For the full story, please visit https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-primary-chris-christie-mike-pence-donald-trump-2023-6.
Related News Items
- Chris Christie should have run for president in 2012
- Chris Christie, Mike Pence, and Doug Burgum are all about to enter the GOP primary -- and that's excellent news for Donald Trump
- Playbook PM: Senate heads toward debt ceiling vote
- Why it makes sense for DeSantis to hit Trump on abortion
- Why Trump is polling much better among very conservative primary voters than in 2016