Biden’s back-up plan
- June 2, 2023
- Work by Bernie Grofman and Reuben Kline, poli sci, U.S. News & World Report, MSN, June 2, 2023
Joe Biden's age has also led Republicans to target Kamala Harris more directly. While political scientists say vice presidential nominees historically have had little influence on the election (even controversial 2008 Republican vice presidential pick Sarah Palin had virtually no impact on the final result, a University of California, Irvine, study found), the GOP has aggressively attacked Harris – almost as if she herself were the de facto nominee.
For the full story, please visit https://www.usnews.com/news/elections/articles/2023-06-02/white-house-elevates-kamala-harris-amid-concerns-about-a-second-biden-term.
Related News Items
- Redistricting experts submit $128K bill for review of Wisconsin legislative maps
- Wisconsin picks new legislative maps that would end years of GOP gerrymandering
- Republicans ask to subpoena Supreme Court redistricting consultants
- Experts say Wisconsin's Republican-drawn maps are "partisan gerrymanders"
- Wisconsin redistricting; legislative map reports expected