Task force tackles concerns over child protective services reporting
- April 12, 2023
- Kelley Fong, sociology, Longmont Leader, April 12, 2023
Many mandatory reporters contact child protective services as “a way to help families connect with resources,” said Dr. Kelley Fong, an assistant professor of sociology at the University of California, Irvine, who shared her research on mandatory reporting with the task force during its latest meeting. “Reporting has ballooned beyond kids in grave danger to encompass families whom professionals believe could benefit from these kinds of resources for parenting or programs that mandated reporters are looking for,” Fong explained.
For the full story, please visit https://www.longmontleader.com/regional-news/task-force-tackles-concerns-over-child-protective-services-reporting-6838865.
Related News Items
- The parent trap
- 'No matter what I do, I'm not in control': what happens when the state takes your child
- Investigating Families: Motherhood in the Shadow of Child Protective Services
- Kelley Fong: Don't take the wrong lessons after toddler's death
- Support grows for no-strings-attached cash for families to prevent foster care removals