Fact check: Central banks are publicly owned, not controlled by Rothschild family
- March 31, 2023
- Gary Richardson, economics, USA Today, MSN, March 31, 2023
A March 1 Facebook video (direct link, archived link) shows a montage of images of various banks around the world. “Banks owned by the Rothschilds,” reads on-screen text at the beginning of the video, which shows central banks of countries including the U.S., Canada, China, England, France, Mexico and Spain. … Except for the Fed and the European Central Bank, all the banks mentioned in the video have been nationalized, according to academic research and the institutions’ websites. This means the national government bought all stock in the central bank, said Gary Richardson, a professor of economics at the University of California Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2023/03/31/fact-check-false-claim-rothschild-family-owns-dozens-central-banks/11572271002/.
Related News Items
- The rise of the regional Fed speech
- Why are Federal Reserve regional banks listed on U.S. currency?
- What happens when $2 trillion is sucked out of the global economy? It may not be pretty
- The Fed could be on the verge of repeating its 1970s mistake, Fed historian says
- Ron DeSantis' baseless theory that the government wants to control people's purchases