$18 minimum wage in California? What to know about next year’s ballot measure
- March 12, 2023
- David Neumark, economics, Fox 40, KTLA-TV, March 12, 2023
Compared to other policies like the Earned Income Tax Credit, some economists, like UC Irvine [Distinguished] Professor David Neumark, argue that increases to minimum wage are less effective at combating poverty as they are less targeted to the broader group of low-income households.
For the full story, please visit https://fox40.com/news/california-connection/18-minimum-wage-in-california-what-to-know-about-next-years-ballot-measure/.
Related News Items
- National Academies report identifies ways to reduce intergenerational poverty in US
- Subsidies won't stop stagnation
- In a hot job market, the minimum wage becomes an afterthought
- Bernie Sanders introduces a bill to raise minimum wage to $17 by 2028
- Researcher takes a look at the pro's and con's of raising the minimum wage