‘Global importance’ of UCI researchers honored
- March 4, 2023
- Greg Hickok, cog sci and lang sci, Irvine Standard, March 4, 2023
The American Association for the Advancement of Science, the world’s largest general scientific society, honored six UC Irvine researchers for distinguished achievements. These include contributions to cognitive neuroscience, the understanding of quantum materials and aspects of the central nervous system. Researchers include [Professor] Alexander Chernyshev (physics and astronomy), [Professor] Aimee Edinger (developmental and cell biology), [Distinguished Professor] Tryphon Georgiou (mechanical and aerospace engineering), [Distinguished Professor] Gregory Hickok (language science), [Professor] Julie Schoenung (materials science and engineering) and [Professor] Georg Striedter (neurobiology and behavior).
For the full story, please visit https://www.irvinestandard.com/2023/global-importance-of-uci-researchers-honored/.
Related News Items
- UCI language science at the 2023 Society for Computation in Linguistics
- 'Global importance' of UCI researchers honored
- Hickok is elected a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- What scientists learned amid the fluctuating fad in mirror neurons research
- Greg Hickok, "Beyond Mirror Neurons" (Podcast)