Year of the Rabbit hops onto campus at UC Irvine with all-day celebrations for Lunar New Year
- January 17, 2023
- Bill Maurer, anthropology and law, Daily Pilot, Jan. 17, 2023
The students and faculty at UC Irvine got a head start Tuesday on celebrating the Lunar New Year in person at both its student center and the Irvine Barclay Theater …. Bill Maurer, the dean of the school of social sciences, said the university has hosted an event for Lunar New Year of this scale for several years. … “What’s great about this event is that UCI is such a diverse place with a very diverse student body. This really provides everyone an opportunity to learn about Lunar New Year and the different ways and cultures that celebrate it,” Maurer said.
Related News Items
- Banks want in on digital wallets -- and the consumer data that comes with them
- Will the digital dollar ever make its way into market?
- Tech stocks may pull out of their nosedive, but the sector won't return to its pandemic-era highs even when the Fed eases rate hikes
- Indigenous Peoples' Day
- The 2022 bloodbath across markets has taken its toll on financial influencers - and the void left as they pull back is being filled by loads of spam