Will the digital dollar ever make its way into market?
- January 11, 2023
- Bill Maurer, anthropology, Scripps News – The Why, Jan. 11, 2023 (Video)
Bill Maurer, UCI dean of social sciences and professor of anthropology, law, and criminology, law & society, said: “So, a CBDC would basically be a born digital denomination of the U.S. dollar. So, it would essentially never be cash – it would always be digital. The big question is how would it be designed and how would it be distributed?” [Starts 5:30]
Related News Items
- D.C. is now enforcing its cashless business ban: What that could mean for you
- LA Latinos took a big financial hit during the pandemic. Here's how some are trying to bounce back
- City council seeks ban on cashless business
- Welcome home, Anteaters!
- L.A. might ban cashless businesses. Here's what's at stake