California congressional race pits Asian vs Asian, with a strong anti-China bias
- November 8, 2022
- Long Bui, global and international studies, South China Morning Post, Nov. 8, 2022
“There is political currency these days, especially after Trump, of calling someone a tool of China,” said Long Bui, associate professor at the University of California, Irvine. “It harms Chinese and, by extension, all Asians, since red-baiting easily turns into race-baiting.” … “Those that believe that Asian-Americans are all the same should take heed of this race and see how that is so wrong,” said Bui.
For the full story, please visit https://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/3198801/california-congressional-race-pits-asian-vs-asian-strong-anti-china-bias.
Related News Items
- Another Democrat is vying to flip Rep. Michelle Steel's seat in heavily Vietnamese CA-45
- Breaking down barriers
- Reimagining resilient agri-food supply chains
- Why are Vietnamese the most Republican-leaning Asian Americans?
- Committee report focus is not on demonstrators - 5 essential reads on the symbols they carried on Jan. 6